Excellent customer service with 24/7 contact to our lettings team. Being an independent agent means - everything we do matters.
Dedicated and qualified professionals, we mix the online agents with the traditional high street ones– giving you the best of both worlds.
Total peace of mind. We are fully compliant with Deposit Protection Scheme, Property Ombudsman and the National Association of Estate Agents.
Great yield, great value, great investment. We make investments cost-effective.
Advice Sessions for New Landlords
We offer a free no obligation advice session to first time landlords. We know how stressful finding that right investment can be, however our relaxed advice sessions are intended to ease your mind.
These will provide an opportunity to discuss the basic requirements of a landlord, such as a gas certificate, energy performance certificate and safety regulations. It’s also a chance to learn more about the types of properties that make the most efficient lets, how to optimise your yield and what most tenants mainly look for in a rental property.
We can also arrange for our in-house Mortgage Advisor to be on-hand to lend his expertise and advise your best options for buy-to-let mortgages from a variety of lenders. This helps us gain a better understanding of the type of rental you should be looking towards.
1. You contact us for a free lettings valuation
2. We value your rental property and give you advice on the lettings process
3. You instruct us to let your property, at which point you’ll be issued with our direct 24/7 contact number
4. We take photographs and then the lettings marketing process begins, including installing our ‘to let’ board
5. Carry out viewings (either by the landlord or ourselves)
6. Process the application and carry out referencing of the tenant(s)
7. Conduct inventory and prepare other paperwork such as the tenancy agreement
8. We secure the deposit into the DPS Scheme (deposit protection scheme)
If we Part/Fully manage the property:
9. Arrange collection of the rent and remit it to the landlord
10. Chase and collect if the rent is late or in arrears
11. Conduct quarterly inspections and send an inspection report to the landlord.
If we fully manage the property:
12. Provide continual legal support
13. Arrange for any maintenance work to be completed
14. Organise tenancy renewals, check outs, remarketing and end of tenancy notices
Letting: What You Need to Know
As a Landlord you are legally obliged to comply with current Legislation and Health & Safety requirements. You will need:
- A current Energy performance certificate EPC
- A fully functional Smoke Alarm on every floor of the property
- Carbon monoxide Alarms next to each gas appliance and in each room where a flue passes through
- A valid annual Landlords Gas Safety certificate (if a gas supply is present)
- Valid annual Portable Appliance Test (PAT) certificates for any free-standing electrical appliances that are supplied within the rental property
- To ensure all furnishings including mattresses and sofas meet the Fire & Furnishing Regulations act 1988 (amended 1993)- all items must have valid safety labels attached
- To maintain all mortgage and buildings insurance contracts applicable to the property and notify the necessary companies of your intention to let
We offer the following services at an additional cost, if your property requires them:
- EPC - £75 (inc. VAT)
- Gas Safety Certificate – £75 (inc. VAT)
- NAPIT Electrical Certificate - £180 (inc. VAT)
- Risk Assessment for Legionella - £120 (inc. VAT)
Proactive Property Sales & Lettings Ltd accept no responsibility for consequences arising out of the failure to undertake such reports as they are neither qualified or insured to offer advice on the safety of the systems or the appropriateness of obtaining such reports. You accept sole responsibility for any matters resulting from a lack of an appropriate inspection.