At Proactive Property, we understand that renting a property can be a stressful and sometimes confusing time. We are a small and friendly team, who value each and every one of our tenants and strive to provide a service that is simple, transparent and personal.
Finding YOU the Perfect Property
We are passionate about Property and people. We like to get to know our prospective tenants. When you call or visit our office, our team will take the time to get to know you and discuss your budget and needs in depth before matching you to the perfect home.
Customer Care is our Thing
While we can’t promise that living in your rented home will go without a single hitch, we can make sure that you know exactly where to turn if an issue does arise. We offer a round-the-clock phone service, to ensure tenants are supported throughout their renting experience.
Keeping Your Deposit Secure
Tenants are required to place a deposit as security against non-payment or damage to the property. We are a member of the Deposit Protection Scheme so our tenants have the peace of mind that their deposit is being held securely.
Compliance & Equality
We are fully compliant to The Property Ombudsman and are members of the National Association of Estate Agents. Proactive Property is proud to be an Equal Opportunities housing provider, meaning we only let properties in full compliance with anti-discrimination laws.
So you’ve found the perfect property and would like to apply for tenancy… great! There are a few steps to the application process:
- Each applicant must provide a valid form of photo ID, proof of current address (dated within the last 3 months) and Date of Birth. Proactive Property will verify your ID, ensure compliance and process a pre-application form.
- Applicants will also be asked to carefully complete our rental application form and pay our non-refundable application fee of £150. Applicants must ensure that the information provided is complete and accurate. Failure to do so may result in denial of your application or termination of tenancy.
- Our team will then verify the information you provide using UK Tenant Data, an independent screening firm.
- We then run an in-depth credit and immigration report and gather references from each applicant’s employer and current landlord.
- Once we have been able to ensure all of our tenant requirements have been met, it usually takes about 3 days to process the application.
- Once we have received your references, you will be required to pay your Tenancy Fee so that we can draw up your Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. We will then arrange a convenient date to collect your deposit and rent and move you into your new home. The process will be complete within a maximum of 10 days.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable):£150 per applicant
This fee includes:
- Holding Fee (up to 3 weeks)
- Referencing, Immigration & Credit Checks
Tenancy Fee (Payable, per property upon successful tenancy application[s]): £190 per property
This fee includes:
- Preparation of a legally binding Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Securing of deposit in the Deposit Protection Scheme
- Production of a professional written and photographic inventory at the start of the tenancy
- Independent end of tenancy inspection and return/apportionment of deposit
Upon successful application to rent a property through Proactive, you will be required to pay a deposit. This deposit will be kept until the end of your tenancy and acts as security against damage to the property or possible non-payment of rent. It is a legal requirement that all letting agents use a Tenancy Deposit Scheme to secure tenants’ deposits. Proactive Property is a member of the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS), which will ensure your deposit is always protected.
More information on the Tenancy Deposit Regulations can be found on the Government website here.
Legislation & Insurance
Our tenants can rest assured that all our landlords and properties are fully compliant with all safety legislation. We ensure all properties have Energy Performance Certificates and meet all Gas, Electrical, Smoke, Fire and Furniture & Furnishings regulations.
We advise all our tenants to take out contents insurance, as your own possessions will not be covered by the Landlord’s insurance.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to our team about renting a property, feel free to get in touch or call into our welcoming branch on Darlington Street, Wolverhampton.
Click here to view our latest rental properties.